[at-l] Superfeet

I'm looking for some tips from someone that knows more about footwear
and inserts than I do.  I am using Vasque Sundowner MX2 boots with the
green Superfeet inserts trimmed to size.  The boots and inserts are
broken in with more than 100 miles on trail, no idea how many wearing
them to work, around home, etc.

When I wear them off trail I have no problems, but when I wear them on
trail I get a hot spot on my arches.  Not a bad hot spot, but a hot spot
nonetheless.  On only one occasion was it bad enough that I treated it
the next morning with superskin.  I hadn't thought much about it but I
was in REI today with a friend that was buying some new boots and he
complained about the exact same thing.

I'm not looking to make a drastic change like a change to trail running
shoes.  I'm sure they are fine for some folks, just not for me, at least
not on the trail.  I'm just not comfortable with less than the support
from a mid weight boot after breaking my ankles on more than one
occasion.  I would love to hear if others have had similar experiences
and what they did to remedy it.

Thanks in advance!

Trailwind