From: Linda Benschop [mailto:athummingbird@tds.net]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 7:12 AM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] The Invasion of the Chigger Monsters

I am planning on following your suggestions, OB.  Now I just have to figure
out what to do with my kitty.  She is not a real outdoor cat, comes in and
out when we are hiking.  For now, what seems to help the best....after many
purchases of about every non-DEET product on the market...is GOLD BOND POWER
and OINTMENT.  We shook out the sheets, then covered them with the powder
and also shook it on the area underneath.  WE covered the worst areas, which
is my tummy by far with the ointment and, for once had a pretty good night.
This is not the real solution, I know, but it did help last night.

Nomad swears that he has almost no problem with bugs because he always
shakes Gold Bond powder on himself and his clothing.  I will be adding it to
my pack!

Hummingbird