[at-l] DEET alternatives.

I thought ticks responded to low frequency sound from steps to know
when to disembark for a tasty leg.

I think you have the wrong insect in mind regarding nuclear attack - I
think common knowledge accepts roaches as our eventual heirs.

Bill...
<BTW, I just read the article in the July 4 New England Journal of
Medicine about testing DEET and other products proporting to prevent
insect bites. There was one extremely useless form of DEET - wrist
bands. One of the authors is at UNC, very close to the catnip folks.
The study only dealt with products available via retail, and
acknowledges that future products may compare favorably. Current
non-DEET products were pretty lame. It also strongly discourages use of
DEET in concentrations higher than 50%, showing lack of benefit with
such high concentrations.>