[at-l] a request

>Now a request my at-l friends.  I am trying to find a person to speak at
>our annual Mass AT Day dinner on October 5th.  Preferrably on an AT or
>conservation topic.  Will pay expenses and a (very) modest fee. Any
>suggestions from folks in the NE?
>
>Cosmo

Are you familiar with Paul Rezendez of Roylston, MA?

http://www.paulrezendes.com/program/

While I have long been a fan of his tracking book (check out Amazon)his
other books go beyond that.  His photography of the ordinary is truely
exceptional, and I think if you find two or three of his books to thumb
through most would agree.  He is also an interesting character who has
something to say.  I mention him because he spoke a couple years ago at a
local photography club to about 30 or 40 of us.  Signed books afterwards,
but that just added to the fun.  I have no great knowledge of the man beyond
those books and his photo-club oriented slide show, so take that for what
its worth.  An idea.  I'd drive a ways to see hime speak again.

Also, Guy and Lilian Stokes of the world-famous nature guide series live out
your way (Western MAss right), and I am sure could be located via any
Massachusets Audubon Societey.  They would be coup, I am sure, but again I
nly know them from thier books.  Perhaps they live next door?

There are also some old-growth tree lovers out your way, but its been so
long since I've walked with them I forget the names.  Laverdie family?
Anyway, they had a rather high profile so are probably known out your way.

Good Luck!

Rick B