[at-l] Hammock vs Tent and Hogwash comments

I would take my hammock before my tent anytime!  But I am very warm-blooded.
My husband, on the other hand, gets cold in his when it gets below 50 or so.
I think that is an important point, if you sleep warm or cold.  In any tent
I have ever been in, with any kind of pad, I always wake up with a stiff
back and sometimes other parts.  In my HH I wake up refreshed.  I have never
gotten the slightest bit wet in mine, but we did get a double silnylon
stitched together for the two hammocks.  I am often very claustrophobic, but
never in my HH.  It is just so relaxing and I feel like I am in a cocoon,
all protected and cozy.  I have also never had anyone come up to me when I
was in my hammock, although I have had many people ask to see the set up.
If I hike with someone other than my husband, I would always bring my
hammock no matter what time of year, but in winterlike weather I will go
with the tent to make him happy!

I was so delighted to see that we have all been playing like adults here for
a change and also talking about hiking issues, but with one exception.
PLEASE do not attack each other.  I am very happy to have OB's expertise on
this list.  He has helped me make so many decisions about gear and other
hiking related issues, as well as a few non hiking situations.  If it were
not for his suggestion, I never would have purchased my HH...and I am so
glad that I did!  And you, Sloetoe, have so much to offer to the list as
well, but NOT in attack form...please!  I suspect that OB has seen
situations with many hikers who are new and not experienced so therefore do
not post here.  I suspect that Sloetoe is dealing with REAL hikers only.
Anyhow.....KNOCK it off and shake hands like gentlemen.  If you do not
agree, hit the delete key.

Hope to see you BOTH out on the trail again....
Hummingbird