Ground bees was Re: [at-l] Not OT at all - Dangerous turtles?

In a message dated 07/03/02 7:25:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
saunterer@jimbullard.org writes:

> To keep it trail related the incident I related was one of 4 experiences
> with these creatures, 2 of which were in my yard.  My wife got nailed
> mowing the lawn the first time and a friend's daughter later that day.  The
>
> second time one of the dogs stumbled onto it, then me when trying to find
> out what was ailing the dog. Hardware storms sell a pressure can of foam
> beeicide (invented word) which you shoot into the entrance of the nest
> after sundown when they've settled for the night.  I'm not one for poisons
> as a rule but these things are truly vicious and I don't want them in my
> yard so I swallow my ecological rationalization pills and go for it when
> confronted with a nest of ground bees.  On the trail I just give them a
> wide berth.

I couldn't bring myself to poison them (that would have made too much sense).
 After playing tag a couple of days they moved somewhere else on the hill out
back for some peace and quiet.  The good thing is it's fairly obvious I've no
need for an Epi pen as I didn't seize up or die, like friends of mine, who
are allergic, would have on the first sting.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---