[at-l] Trangia Stove (Stove stories)

I just switched from my Zip stove (because it fell
apart on the trail), to a Trangia stove.  Zip was very
good, and drop-shipped me a new stove on the trail,
but by then, I was in love with the alcohol stove.

A fellow hiker (LWOP) made me a tin can stove in the
field.  I then got to the outfitter at Daleville, and
bought a Trangia. (They sell them with just the
burner, or with the burner and the pot support).  The
stove that was made for me in the field was pretty
rough.

When I head out next week, I am going to take my Tin
Can Stove, from the TinCanMan.  The Trangia is a
beautiful stove, but for now, I want the weight
savings of the tin can stove.

I also changed from my heavy stainless steel pot, to a
greasepot <g>.

I am thrilled at how light my pack has become. 16
pounds without food/water/fuel.

Greasepot

Message: 17