[at-l] Titanium Chef 2002

I am passing this along because it looks like such fun! It came from the
carolina Hiker list. Note the December date. Surely there are cooks on this
list who could give this crew a run for their money.

Hikers are such wacky people...

"Subject: Titanium Chef 2002

The second annual backpackers challenge cookoff (Titanium Chef 2002)
will be held the first Saturday (12/7/02) in December, here in
Tennessee, not far from Knoxville. Last year (the first time ever) we
had 46 people compete, and it was such a success we knew we had to do
another this year. Last year, we had people driving in to compete
from TN, NC, GA, IL, KY, AL, MS, OH, and MA. We have no doubt we will
see even a larger response this year.

What makes our competition different (and extremely fun) is that you
can cook anything (we make a joke that someone will enter roadkill)
you choose to enter into the event, but the location of the event is
two miles from any road. (Yes, that's why we call it a backpackers
challenge cookoff.) We will have categories that will include
everything from appetizers to desserts. You can use any method, any
skill, any equipment, but it must all be carried in using whatever
cleverness you can devise.

The location of the event is a place called the Big South Fork
National River and Recreational Area. Its a huge place in Tennessee,
right between Jamestown and Oneida. There is a great campground
there, but we don't plan to use it. The location of the event will be
Charit Creek Lodge.
(http://www.charitcreek.com/home.html)

There is no need to sleep on the ground. Through a special
arrangement with Charit Creek Lodge, we can utilize the indoor camper
rate of $14.00 plus tax per person. We will pack in sleeping bags or
bedrolls and prepare our own meals, but if you want to use the kitchen,
and may do so at no extra
charge. In addition, Charit Creek Lodge will also prepare meals (if
needed) at a nominal charge.

Escape to the mountains without the hassle surrounding the Smoky
Mountains. Come to the new national park! The Big South Fork National
River and Recreation Area. Our location is easily accessible from
several major interstates. No waiting in traffic to start enjoying
the privacy of a new
log cabin with the scenic beauty of an untamed wilderness at your
back door. We can't give you the whole world....just the best
parts....

Sunrise from a front porch swing
A myriad of wildflowers blanketing a hilltop
A blazing carpet of fall colors beneath a clear blue sky
A relaxing train ride through the wondrous outdoors
Stepping back in history to a simpler time
Catching the "big one" that got away
The gentle mist of a cascading waterfall cooling your face
Sunlight dancing on a crystal stream.
If you have any interest whatsoever, please contact me -- email,
phone, smoke signals. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Titanium Chef 2002
c/o Chris Fox
300 Cary Drive Bruceton, TN 38317
towndawg@hotmail.com