[at-l] Telemarketer Saves Hiker

At 08:47 PM 7/2/2002 -0600, Ron Martino wrote:

>Bryan Kramer wrote:
> >
> > I heard this on the radio but my first thought was: "How many cel towers
> > are there in the Andes? Darn few is my guess" They even identified the
> > phone company as Bell South. I smell a hoax myself.
> >
> > Bryan
>
>         If so, they suckered just about everyone. I've seen the story in a
>number of online news reports, including sites that tend to be pretty
>skeptical. But you might be correct.

I'm still looking for any evidence that there exists any battery
chemistry that produces more energy at lower temperature.
This contradicts personal experience, written reports, and
most of the relevant data that I've found on the web.

There's no doubt that cold can *preserve* things like batteries
and film, and for roughly the same reason:  cold retards
chemical reactions, in general.

rafe b.
aka terrapin

---