[at-l] Hello from Pooh's Corner

Greetings from the 1150 mile mark on the PCT.  Sent
off a rather large batch of journal entries June 20th,
(not too many post offices between Mojave and Tuolomne
Meadows :D) so looks like it will be a bit before it
is updated. Again, many thanks to TJ for
transcribing/translating my entries. ;-)

But, in brief:

The High Sierras? Most intense 9 days of backpacking
in my life. Wow.  I was tired, hungry and a bit beatup
by the time I hit VVR (snow choked passes where the
trail was buried under snow, post-holing, in the sun
all day at elevation), but also happy, exhilarated and
with a big grin on my face for that entire stretch.
Range of Light indeed. Took over 100 pictures in that
section.

Has been a great trip. Hard to believe I have only
been out here a little over two months. That grey
cubicle with the florescent lighting (and bad coffee!)
seems like a much more distant memory.

loving life,

Mags

=====