[at-l] Strange Choice of Arsonists

Nobody is taking up the task saying we need to eliminate volunteer fireman,
and I do have an idea how much training they go through.  I started
firefighting as a volunteer.  I spent over 300 hours of training to get
certified and then eventually landed a job.  Please, spend a few more
seconds reading the posts to get what is being said.  The first post spoke
of the need of more scrutiny of the people who become firefighters.  I added
what has been given to me by my fire department as a profile of
firefighter/arsonists.  Then there was some commentary on it.  The profile
again is...for THOSE WHO MISSED it the FIRST time.  Usually 18-25 year old
males, hero complex, like to be seen ( i.e. the center of attention,) and
are often found in rural communities.  That in no way infers that we need to
get rid of volunteer firemen.  Where you pulled that from I have no idea.
Volunteer firemen go through plenty of training and few are ever even
suspected in arson, much less convicted.  BUT, some are and these are the
ones being talked about.  DO NOT judge so quickly.  I doubt anyone here
intended a blanket statement as you seem to infer we have.
One more thing, the firefighters in New York, they are not well paid for
what they do.  Often people speak of how low teachers are paid and say more
is needed...well, on the national AVERAGE (so people do not think I am
making another pesky blanket statement) firefighters make considerably less
than teachers.  New York is included in this.
Brian McGarrahan
AIM: Btfire
ICQ: 33898218