[at-l] Benton MacKaye

 I'm in the middle of trying to collect maps and info; once it's there I'll give you a url so you can see them; for maps I don't have I'm constructing them from the free tiles one can get from the online topo map sites ... that much if freely copiable and transferable since it is gov't data ... there's very little about it available on line ... I bought an ebook I'll send to you if you have adobe's ebook program to read it ... you can get the adobe ebook program free, it's kinda like the adobe acrobat reader ... the maps in there are no good for hiking imho and the "book" consists of about 11 pages of text & hand-drawn maps ... so far I'm missing portions of the trail between the highway where the trail crosses west of Blue Ridge and the Jack's River area. I have ok maps for the protions north of the Jack's River and south of the highway to Springer. I can send those sections to you via email if you want big image files.   David
  Linda Benschop <athummingbird@tds.net> wrote: Can anyone tell me where I can get info online about the sections etc. I
have done all kinds of online searches but no luck. I have a single
brochure but it doesn't even have a telephone number. I called Information
for numbers and it seems like none exist! We are planning on doing those 78
miles in early fall and want to have a better itinerary. I KNOW that I used
to have some individual brochures of each section years ago but lost them in
a fire.

Is there an organization that does trail maintenance on B.M.???

Anyone here done the entire B.M. or have any info??

Hummingbird & Dutch Treat

Stay on topic!