[at-l] Pack Weights for the Hut Croo (NH)

At 07:39 AM 6/29/2002 -0400, RockDancer wrote:

[re: pushing a wood stove up Mt. Madison]

>I'd like to hear more about that story sometime! I do know that the only
>trail possible is called the Valley Way. Those on the AT that reach
>Madison Springs Hut and find "no room at the inn" are asked to descend
>Valley Way for about a mile to some tent platforms.

Alas, that's all the story that I know...  I forget the exact circumstances
of my hearing it, except that it may have well been on an ascent of
Madison, probably 20-25 years ago.  And it may well be a classic
"urban legend" for all I know -- some hut croo seeing just how big
a fish story they could pass off on a gullible weekend hiker.

rafe b.
aka terrapin