[at-l] Telemarketer Saves Hiker

 different batteries react differently to temperature, I imagine because of chemical differences, but I've long ago forgotten those chemistry lessons
>>Hmm. This sounds like urban legend. Most batteries behave
quite the opposite from this. Which is why cameras and
flashlights often fail in cold weather.

(Ref: The Backpacker's Photography Handbook, Charles
Campbell, AMPHOTO Books, 1994.) P. 137:

"Maintaining sufficient battery power is the biggest problem
in cold weather."

Car batteries often fail in the dead of winter. In the Midwest,
in winter, car batteries are often kept warm with electric heaters.

rafe b.