Re[3]: [at-l] Cameras for the AT.

"...If  the  height of the pole isn't adjustable, and if there's no ball head on
the screw, how does this help with close-ups?"

The  lack  of  adjustment is a problem. But I find by perching the end against a
stump  or  a  rock  my  unadjustable  monopod still helps in most situations. It
requires I shoot down at the flowers, rather than a profile view.

Since I essentially use my slides to illustrate what people see when walking the
AT  or  walking  our  land  trust  preserves,  a top down view doesn't negate my
efforts.

However,  from  time  to time, I crawl on the ground and find a rock on which to
rest  my  camera.  The  major value of the monopod is for photos that record the
middle  range  attributes of the trails -- patterns of moss on the rocks, a view
of the beaver cuttings, a church steeple framed by an ancient red oak....

Weary