[at-l] Clarification to nude hiking post

On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 01:18 PM, Shane Steinkamp wrote:

> The benefits outweigh the drawbacks in my opinion.  People who haven't
> had
> the experience wouldn't understand this either, but when you encounter
> wildlife while nude, that wildlife is much less fearful of you.  I've
> been
> close enough to deer and other critters to touch them, and I have
> touched
> some of them - but I've never gotten anywhere near that close with
> clothes
> on.

That's not always a good thing.  I've had some large carnivorous birds
surf the air just
off the cliff where I was sunbathing.  Talk about feeling naked.  Before
they showed
up I was just unclothed.  After they came I was feeling kind of
vulnerable, with
all the exposed tender bits.  I'd just as soon they'd kept some
distance.  :)

-amy