[at-l] Hammocks, Cold Spots, Custom Sleeping Bags

I've sent the identical message below to the following:

Feathered Friends, DueNorth & (thanks Kahley!) Moonbow

I'm looking for a customized sleeping bag

a sleeping bag through which I can slip a hammock and still have a warm sleep

the problem is compression of loft between the body and the hammock ... thus a hammock of marina netting sleeps warmer than a fabric hammock ...

If I could slip a hammock through the sleeping bag and still have warm feet and a parka to cover the head, I'd have what I want.

here are some recent posts on the Appalachian Trail List to give you an idea about what I'm looking for.

>>Actually, Art, this is a brilliant, out-of-the box idea. That retirement stuff must be increasing the blood flow to the cognitive centers of innovation. Maybe a light down top layer for "in" the hammock, with the further addition of a compressible down quilt for colder weather... > >

<< I'd like to find a place that makes custom sleeping bags so I can design a means to slip the hammock through the sleeping bag and still have a useful head hood on the sleeping bag, and without leaving a space for wind or cold air to creep in around the neck. >>