[at-l] Foot Problems

In a message dated 6/22/02 12:55:59 PM, RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

<< Ut Ooh!  I was ignoring these remedy posts until I read this one
and noticed it resembles exactly what is wrong with my leg that has been
ailing me for months now. I thought it was an ankle injury becoming worse
with age, but your description perfectly describes exactly where my pains
are. It first started with a tightness of the calf which lead to what felt
like ankle problems. The give away here is a discomfort in a muscle going
down under the arch of the foot. It feels like a gaiter wrapped down under
the foot. It rises to the hamstring on the top end. The doctor was unable to
do anything. He recommended advil and stretching but never mentioned
plantar.. >>

OK, I might be wrong here, and Lord knows I don't have a medical degree *G*,
but I have Plantar  in conjunction with a heel spur (ouch!!)  and my
understanding is that most plantar problems involve the heel, back and
bottom.  I have never heard of it going as far down as the arch..........does
anyone know about this?
    My sports medicine guy put me on stretches, exercise and lots of ice.  I
know for myself that it is recurring and that to stay healthy, I have to do
the stretches all of the time. I have been lax in that area and boy does it
hurt in the morning!!!  Another symptom of PF is that the pain goes away
after you move around a little.  It needs to stretch out. Just some thoughts
from a foot-sore Southener!  :)  Anna