[at-l] Dragon's Tooth

Well, I've heard a lot about this small piece of the trail, and none of it,
IMHO, has been good.  It seems that I've got to go DOWN a rock outcropping
that will leave me no choice but to JUMP, since I am so short--5'0", 28"
inseam.

I've just figured that, when I got to Dragon's Tooth, going north, there
would be someone who miraculously appeared to give me a little help, I'd find
that it was not all that difficult, or I'd turn around and find a way to
approach it from the other side after going back to the nearest road.
(Climbing UP is always easier than climbing down, which is why so many people
have to be rescued after getting stuck.)  This is, as I understand it,
because there is no alternative route.

So anyway, yesterday here comes this AT postcard from a dear friend.  She is
a few years younger and several inches taller than I as well as quite fit.
In it she described how dangerous she had found Dragon's Tooth.  Finally, she
wrote, "Sawnie, don't even try it!  It's not worth it."

Okay, so, all you experts out there, particularly if you are short, please
tell me how you did it.  Parasailing?

Kinnickinic

multipart/alternative
  text/html