[at-l] Foot Problems

In a message dated 6/22/2002 7:27:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
papa_bear_nyc@yahoo.com writes:

> This sounds like Plantar Faciitis.  It's an inflamation of the ligament that
> goes over the heel and across the bottom of the foot.  It can be serious
> and take a long time to heel.  I suggest you see a professional.
> The root cause is often tightness in the calf, which then pulls on this
> ligament.
> Treatment is usually ice, stretching, Advil, etc.   Sometimes people also
> get help wearing a "night splint" which is a device that stretches the calf
> while you sleep.
> Don't ignore this one.
> Pb

     ***   Ut Ooh!  I was ignoring these remedy posts until I read this one
and noticed it resembles exactly what is wrong with my leg that has been
ailing me for months now. I thought it was an ankle injury becoming worse
with age, but your description perfectly describes exactly where my pains
are. It first started with a tightness of the calf which lead to what felt
like ankle problems. The give away here is a discomfort in a muscle going
down under the arch of the foot. It feels like a gaiter wrapped down under
the foot. It rises to the hamstring on the top end. The doctor was unable to
do anything. He recommended advil and stretching but never mentioned
plantar...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---