[at-l] nude hiking

In a message dated 6/21/2002 10:30:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
m2b1@earthlink.net writes:

> Did I hear this correctly, June 21st, Nude Hiking Day!  I wouldn't have
> remembered if it weren't for your post Jan.  LOL!!!!!!!!!

I know we are not supposed to get on anything but lighthearted topics, but I
have to mention this one because it just gets me the wrong way.

According to Laurie Pottiger at the ATC, all sex crimes on the AT in recent
years have been linked to people hiking nude.  ALL.  We joke and we laugh,
but that one open minded person who hears us and thinks that it may be a fun
thing to do may be the next rape victim. Stop it folks and think of safety.
You guys get stuck on the nude part like little kids.  Think about it. Stop
it.....

       Ambler

multipart/alternative
  text/html