[at-l] Backpacker Magazine

>**I'd say you must have missed something, too. I was just letting those who
>don't subscribe to the magazine know that it was a special issue with a lot
>of stuff we've been TRYING to talk about lately, like gear basics, what you
>need to know starting out, good advice for newbies, that sort of thing.

Hey Red,

Don't forget to metion that it also touched on at least one
vocacy/conservation issues with stated the article that stated "Appalachian
Trail doesn't stand for Advertising Trail" and had the photo of the sign
that used to announce the WHite House Landing.

If you use your imagination one might find some trolling in the article that
pictured the Galehead Hut and noted that in 1932 users paid $.75 for lodging
and $1.00 for supper, but now pay up to $69 per night with 2 Meals.  And
that it was handicap accessible

The marshmellow poll and the shot of Franconia Ridge were safe territory
though.  Well, the shot of the Ridge, anyway.  I hope to God no one takes
the Marshmellow poll on as being Voodoo Science.

Anyway,  Definitely worth atleast browse in the bookstore for those
non-subsribers who believe in recycling, or for those from the party who
believe everything should be free.

Rick Boudrie