[at-l] Hammocks, Cold Spots, Custom Sleeping Bags

Here's what I've noticed since using my home-made hammock made of light-weight rip-stop nylon vs the old marina hammock, and since listening to everyone talk about their hennesy's ...

The old marina hammock sleeps warmer than the fabric hammocks and I'm guessing there's a good reason for that.

The netting in the marina hammock allows loft to escape through the net and puff up a bit. In a fabric hammock the loft in the sleeping bag is all compressed and not allowed to loft at all

Looking at Hennesy's and Clark's hammocks and my own home-made effort, they all use fabric and this compresses the sleeping bag loft between the body and hammock fabric the full length of the body; but the netted hammock allows significantly more lofting, everywhere. The cold spot in my net hammock is limited to my butt and moving around a bit seems to reduce it.

This tells me I can cut a small piece of my foam pad to cover my butt in my marina hammock; but also explains why i need the full length pad in the fabric hammocks.

I have experimented putting the fabric hammock through the sleeping bag, leaving the loft on the outside of the fabic hammock and this works wonderfully. I'd like to find a place that makes custom sleeping bags so I can design a means to slip the hammock through the sleeping bag and still have a useful head hood on the sleeping bag, and without leaving a space for wind or cold air to creep in around the neck. Does anyone know of a custom sleeping bag manufacturer who would do this experiment with me?