[at-l] OT..the grey wonder

Personally I've never tried the following because golf umbrellas are to
lightening as magnets are to iron fillings.  But a friend carries Duck Tape
and tapes the handle of his golf umbrella to the frame of his pack.  He
usually buys his umbrellas at a flea market, dollar store, etc. and any
damage to the umbrella doesn't matter that much.

I used DT to repair my pants a few times when I've been outside.  A small
patch inside and one out is a quick fix and keeps the tear from getting
bigger.  I'd recommend that if you use it to fix "good" pants, you clean it
with a "degummer" and wash once you get home or to a good place to stop.
"Baaad" pants I just leave the patches on; some have been washed several
times.  & once, I hung up a toss sack on a high limb and got it untangle
with the help of my hiking staff Ducked to a long stick.

And I always keep some in the car (when I had a car) after hearing about
several people's cars getting vandalized in an unattended state park:
Apparently the "jokers" popped the hoods on some cars and cut the
radiator/water hoses.  Along this line, I once had a "fishing car" (used for
outdoor trip and "dirty" work) that I took to a nearby city when my ex had
our good car.  The hose busted and out came our friend Mr. Duck.  So I've
decided that if ever I get rich and can own a fishing car for backcountry
travel, I'll stock it with Wonder Duck: I wonder how it'd do on a flat?

And another friend dropped some change and it fell through a gutter in front
of a vending machine.  Fished it all out with a bit of Wonder Duck on a
stick.  I've noticed some street people doing this.

Speaking of which, I have heard of this person who regularly had duck while
on the trail.  Claimed he/she did not shoot it.  They just left some DT out
and the duck stepped in it.  :-)

Also, I've DT packages that I wanted to make sure got to their destination.
It might not be legal now; so check with your Post Office.

William, The DT Turtle

PS	Don't know if I should mention this one.  A friend threatened to DT
my mouth one night.  I don't know why they complained.  I don't snore.  I've
never heard it. ;-)