[at-l] Advocacy List

At 01:36 PM 06/20/2002 -0400, RnR wrote:
> > And RnR? Why don't you try the new system before you condemn it
> > out-of-hand?
> >
>       ***   Because I feel the action itself is counter to what MacKaye
>wanted the Trail to be and won't lead to Trail betterment or impressing Trail
>responsibility. Heavy, yes, but true...

You are confusing the trail and the list.  AT-L is not (and never was) the
AT.  It is a community of people who like talking about the trail, they
hikes they have taken, the hikes they hope to take, ask questions and
engage in light (sometimes silly) banter.  Occasionally the listers join in
an effort to raise money or do something directly to benefit the trail but
what happens on AT-L never has and never will determine the ultimate fate
of the AT.  It wasn't meant to.

If it's heavy it's only because you choose to let it weigh you down.