[at-l] Advocacy List

I've noticed that also - for a little over 14 months.

There was a nice quote today in the NYT: "No one who cannot rejoice in the
discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar." DONALD
FOSTER,admitting that his work to establish Shakespeare as the author of an
obscure poem is wrong.

I have not heard the strident newcomers acknowledge any discovery about
their prejudices of AT-L as a complacent refuge for WF haters,
anti-environmentalists and hikers ignorant of the history and culture of
the AT. Frankly, I doubt their capacity for discovery of any sort.

I remain stridently opposed to extremism of the sort that has been foisted
on our list over the past year, in particular over the past month.
Extremists have a tendency to poison dialogue on this list at least as
efficiently as in politics and religion. I can go to work if I desire to
discuss concepts with those not employing reality and reason. I walk to
help that work continue. I have participated on this list to aid my walks
and to help share the wealth with others.

It appears clear that those most critical of our former list and community
have no interest in "trail advocacy" but have come for a very clear agenda
of destruction of a community. It is in that perception that I employed the
term "bin Laden" as I have previously referred to these cyber-terrorists.
They consume and defile without sharing anything of value.

I don't know if I will return.

OrangeBug