-----Original Message-----
From: Bob C. [mailto:ellen@clinic.net]

Frankly,  I  don't  detect  a ground swell of enthusiasm for a divided list.
The
last  total  I  saw  was  10 -- and some of those I suspect don't really
want to
debate  environmental  issues relating to the trail. Based on past
discussions I
suspect  some  just  hope  a separate list will make it unnecessary to
listen to
those who make them uncomfortable with the logic of contrary views.

I've noticed that few of us like to have our long-held prejudices
questioned.

Weary