[at-l] Advocacy List

-----Original Message-----
From: RoksnRoots@aol.com [mailto:RoksnRoots@aol.com]

      ***   Because I feel the action itself is counter to what MacKaye
wanted the Trail to be and won't lead to Trail betterment or impressing
Trail
responsibility. Heavy, yes, but true...

    (btw: I was asking the same thing about activism in here...)
*************  and paula writes:

but none of these items are the goals and reasons for AT-L's existence...

AT-L isn't about "MacKaye" or what he wanted
AT-L isn't about "Trail Betterment"
AT-L isn't about "impressing Trail responsiblity"

The new advocacy list is simply creating a home for these topics where those
who wish to discuss them can do so at will w/o being bothered by people
wanting to change the conversation.  You wouldn't walk into a Baptist church
and start celabrating Catholic Mass.  If you want to talk about Activism,
Trail Advocacy, Environmentalism, MacKaye and the direction Trail clubs etc
- head for a place about for those topics.  You will likely find many of the
same folks in each place - just in the mood for different conversations that
may be more to your liking.

Just as this isn't a list about underwater basket weaving, its not about
advocacy.  Just because I can create a logical link between the trail and
both of these items, doesn't mean they are the same thing and everything
relevant to one is automatically relevant to the other.

paula