[at-l] This list

It came to me last night, that it really does little good to
try and explain how AT-L used to be to folks who have been
here less than a year or so.  It's like trying to explain an
elephant to someone.

It's also obvious that many of us are mourning the loss of
the list as it used to be and often when we are in mourning
we lash out.

I think the best way to try and return to the way the list was
is if we all try to return to the way_we_were back then.  To
my mind, that means being slow to anger and quick to laugh.

It really isn't helpful if, while complaining how contentious the
list has become, to be caustic or insulting.  Can we reset
the clock to sometime in the year2000?  Dunno.....
But if people can't let go of the past and of personal issues
with particular listers, we don't have a chance.