[at-l] Friends and CDT thruhikers

For those who know Ishmael, he was in Leadville two days ago and Annie and
the Salesman are a couple days behind.  This is part of his latest post -

>Today was yet another beautiful blue sky Colorado day.
<snip>
>I have not seen any other CDT folks since Saturday but Swiss Miss, Luzia,
>PA Jeff, Wandering Bear, Sly and Cobweb are no more than one day behind me.
>I did meet 7 Durango bound Colorado Trail hikers just before Tennessee Pass
>today. It has been one wilderness area after another while the CDT and the
>Colorado Trail remain the same trail. Collegiate Peaks, Mount Elbert, Mount
>Massive and Holy Cross are all wilderness areas that I have walked through
>in the past few days.
>On Sunday night I climbed up 2700 feet of elevation gain in to reach Hope
>Pass in the moonlight. It was an awesome if not symbolic experience.
>Everyday has challenges, rewards, hardships, vistas, winds, pains and joys.
>I am living an incredibly rich, full existence. I really feel like this is
>what I was meant to be doing at this point in my life. In spite of the
>elevation and the difficulty of the trail, the big miles have been going by
>almost daily. The fires all burn elsewhere for now.

He was right - Sly called us last night from Leadville.  He's doin' well
although he's not acclimated to the altitude yet.

Y'all eat your hearts out.  We've been there - and we'll be going back.
Wanta go with us?

Walk softly,
Jim

PS - That's an answer to your question, Rafe.