[at-l] sensawonda

"...I  first  regained  it when my son was born and I began to look at the world
again through those brand new eyes."

"A  Sense  of Wonder" was the title of one of Rachel Carson's last books, issued
shortly  before  she  died of cancer. She urged parents and friends to cultivate
the sense of wonder of young children.

It's  her advice that first convinced me to let my three children plan their own
hikes  and  set their own paces. Occasionally I see the book reissued, but it is
well  worth  seeking  out  in  used book stores, especially for parents of young
children or those who have occasional to backpack with young children.

Weary