[at-l] BLOOD MOUNTAIN STAIRWAY

Yesterday  a friend and myself drove over to Neel's Gap. He had never been
there and so we hiked to the top of Blood Mountain. I seem to make this
pilgrimage quite often as i consider  it a sort of Mecca.

Any way the point of this........about halfway up they have done away with 3
switchbacks and made one pretty healthy  rock climb or steps. Quite
impressive work  looked like a grand undertaking.

I spoke to someone at Walasi-Yi and was told it took 20 people about 2 weeks
to do it. Some will not like it but the switchback eliminated were ones that
had suffered from   people cutting across the switchbacks. I was impressed
with the work.

    Ron //High Anxiety 2003