[at-l] Maine land prices

I really tried to let this slide but..

At 01:01 PM 6/16/02 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/15/2002 2:10:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

The issue should not be that individual taxpayers all pay for things
of which they, personally do not approve.  The issue is, since we are
a democratic republic, the tax money should go to the things of which
the majority approves and in the amounts the majority approves.

If people in the minority (us) want to see more money spent to keep
wild lands undeveloped then it is up to us to raise the money to do it...
like Weary is.

If the majority of the people are not willing to pay for a thing, any thing,
then, in a democratic form of government, it should not be paid for with
public money.  This is pretty basic stuff whether we like the results
or not.