[at-l] Forest Service Staffer Started Forest Fire

At 05:46 PM 6/17/02 -0400, GADog430@aol.com wrote:
>An individual has taken an action that has had a definite result, and it
>was done of her own accord and free will in face of KNOWN consequences.  End
>of story. Consequences. I seem to remember my parents mentioning that at
>least a million times.

Yeah but.....if she hangs with this distraught jilted lover bit,
I bet she gets off easier than someone who admitted to setting
the fire deliberately.  I hate to think it .....but I do.

Of course, in my mind, someone who was patrolling to prevent
people from building fires, and then builds a fire herself, should
get a stiffer sentence, no matter her "state of mind".

I  still don't buy the letter bit in the first place.  You can burn a letter
in an ashtray..in a sink....in a bucket...in the middle of a road fer
pete's sake.  Waiting til you are in tinder dry woods and then
leaving it to smoulder (by the way...I burned a piece of paper today,
actually three pieces of paper in case he was really p*ssed off,
to see what happened.  They pretty much burned right up leaving
nothing to "smoulder".  IMHO..that dog don't hunt 'cept
if yer huntin' for a lighter sentence.