[at-l] hiking with kids

"...He _says_ he is wanting and willing to do the 58 miles, but...."

 12  mile days is more than I would start with with kids, but I'm usually in the
 mountains. May be Indiana is easier. I like to let children set their own pace.
 I  find  5-8 miles is usually comfortable for everyone, at least until they get
 their legs strengthened and then I have to struggle to keep up.

 Any chance for a slower pace -- or at least the option for that.

  Weary