[at-l] Walking with Spring Changes

At 01:51 PM 6/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Has everyone taken note of the new title (OK, Subtitle) of Walking with
>Spring"?
>
>http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0917953843.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
>
>While we are at it, my memory is a bit hazy too.  Can anyone reasure me
>that the photo of Katahdin on the cover was taken from (or near the AT)
>like at Daicy Pond?  It must be my memory, but it kinda looks
>funny.  Maybe I am getting paranoid about accuracy.  I was almost thinking
>it was a shot from the pond near Roarring Brook, but I am probably
>mistaken since that would not make much sence.
>
>Rick B

No that's not Daicey Pond.  I think it's called Sandy Stream Pond,
near Roaring Brook  Campground, and on the way to South Turner
Mtn.  Thru hikers wouldn't really go there.  In fact, a hike up
Katahdin wouldn't take you there at all, but a hike up South Turner
would.

The view from Sandy Stream Pond is pretty awesome -- 2nd only
(IMHO) to Chimney Pond.  I'm sure you've seen the picture in
calendars, ads, etc.

rafe b.
aka terrapin