[at-l] 360 Babylonian degrees

15-16 June, Saturday & Sunday. Brasstown Bald. Three hundred and sixty Babylonian degrees and I've walked two hundred of them before October 1999 and almost none since. You can see it all from the Brasstown summit: Springer (which knob?), the ups and downs to Woody Gap; Slaughter Mountain; Blood Mountain; Neel's Gap; Hogpen; Unicoi, Tray, Dick's Creek, Standing Indian, Albert, Winespring, Wayah, the Smokies... Birds winked and chortled at us; swallows buzzed our ears -- I felt happy being the butt of their jokes. Watching the sun set, with Alexandra near me, was a precious gift.  Ursa Major dominated the sky, pointing to Polaris hanging directly above the observation tower, closed for repairs.  Two shooting stars and a sattelite. A wild pig rooting around ten feet from our hammocks woke us up several times.