[at-l] Re-Supplying in Maine

We leave in 10 days to do our final 220 miles,
Rangeley to Katahdin.

We do not use mail drops and have been using the
Companion to plan our food purchases and to decide on
the amount of food to carry in each section.

The Companion does not give any information about
groceries in Caratunk. Can anyone give us information
in that regard?

As we will not have many miles under our belt when we
reach the 100 mile Wilderness, we are uncertain as to
our speed and the number of days of food we will need
for that section. Although I tend to err on the "carry
too much food" side, I would like information on
whether we can count on the White house to supply our
needs for the last portion. If they carry the standard
pop tart and Lipton assortment, it would satisfy our
needs.

When we were at Abol Bridge a few years ago, it seemed
that they had very little hiker type food. Any
opinions on this?

Thanks all

Ma and Pa 99

Post your ad for free now! http://personals.yahoo.ca