[at-l] Osprey

Hello All,
It took wind of Baltimore Jack's carrying an Osprey, that brought me out of
RVW (Rip Van Winkle) mode. After trying two G-4s and having the straps cut
into my shoulders, the belt not providing weight shift relief, I obtained an
Osprey net model (1.5 lb.) by pro deal, and carried it on our last trek: the
one where I faced down a hungry black bear. Bliss. The straps are nicely
padded and adjustable without (obviously) too much weight, as is the belt,
placed, slanted and cupped right, and wide enough not to practically cut me
in half. It has adequate room, two forward-placed bottle holders with
barrel-locked bungee cinches, and two zippered compartments to hold first
aid, bug protection, and a pack cover. Altogether, an intelligent design.
And oh, yes, it is made of some tough stuff. Happy trails, y'all!
Dutch Treat