[at-l] Re: knee injury

I am going to try this one more time.The last time I tried to send this my computer wasgiving signs of a crash, and I rushed to send it out. A long term solution of knee problems that has worked for me.glucosamine  In the following url/summary you should note some of the main features Note: the mention of the time requiredNote : the mention of the 1500 mg required levelNote: some sort of self advertising mixed in with the article.Note: does not work immediately. It took a year for me    http://www.arthritis-glucosamine.net/glucosamine/science/lancet-glucosamine.html Lancet Glucosamine Study

One of the most prominent glucosamine studies was released in by the Lancet Medical Journal in Lourdes, Belgium.

This is a summary of the glucosamine trial in the Lancet
Lancet 2001; 357: 251-56

Background: Treatment of osteoarthritis is usually limited to short-term symptom control. We assessed the effects of the specific drug glucosamine sulphate on the long-term progression of osteoarthritis joint structure changes and symptoms.
Methods: We did a randomised, double-blind placebo controlled trial, in which 212 patients with knee osteoarthritis were randomly assigned 1500 mg sulphate oral glucosamine or placebo once daily for 3 years. Weightbearing, anteroposterior radiographs of each knee in full extension were taken at enrolment and after 1 and 3 years. Mean joint-space width of the medial compartment of the tibiofemoral joint was assessed by digital image analysis, whereas minimum joint-space width--ie, at the narrowest point--was measured by visual inspection with a magnifying lens. Symptoms were scored by the Western Ontario and McMaster Universities (WOMAC) osteoarthritis index.
Findings: The 106 patients on placebo had a progressive joint-space narrowing, with a mean joint-space loss after 3 years of -0·31 mm (95% CI -0·48 to -0·13). There was no significant joint-space loss in the 106 patients on glucosamine sulphate: -0·06 mm (-0·22 to 0·09). Similar results were reported with minimum joint-space narrowing. As assessed by WOMAC scores, symptoms worsened slightly in patients on placebo compared with the improvement observed after treatment with glucosamine sulphate. There were no differences in safety or reasons for early withdrawal between the treatment and placebo groups.
Interpretation: The long-term combined structure-modifying and symptom-modifying effects of gluosamine sulphate suggest that it could be a disease modifying agent in osteoarthritis.In plain language..
212 patients suffering from Osteoarthritis were divided into two groups.One group was given 1500mg of Glucosamine daily for three years. The other group was given a placebo daily for three years.
The group given the 1500mg of Glucosamine showed little or no deterioration in their joints, whilst the other group on the placebo showed the expected deterioration of an Osteoarthritis sufferer.
Those on the Glucosamine Sulphate showed improvement in re-growth of Cartilage, whilst those on the placebo showed a marked wasting of cartilage.The important thing to note with this study is that the patients received 1500mg of Glucosamine daily, which is the dose that we have always recommended.
Two capsules of our Glucosamine Sulphate taken daily gives the recommended dose of 1500mg Glucosamine and 500mg of Sulphate. We have proved over and over again that doctors and pharmacists who recommend and prescribe 1500mg of our Glucosamine Sulphate see results in their patients after six weeks, whereas a lesser dose hardly shows any results at all.
That is why Doctors, Pharmacists, Health Practitioners, Chiropractors, Physiotherapists, Nutritionists keep recommending and prescribing 1500mg Glucosamine daily to their patients. You can buy other Glucosamine Sulphate but will it work?
It would appear that in nearly all cases where Glucosamine Sulphate has not worked it has been through under-dosing.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---