[at-l] Earl is Columbus? Think Again.

At 08:13 PM 6/14/2002 -0400, Bryan Kramer wrote:

Quite true, and Earl proved he did it and Max just has his anecdotal
memories. So Earl should get the unalloyed credit.

[Sloetoe:]
 > As I've said before, Max & Co. are like Lief Erikson: whether
 > they hit North America before Columbus is immaterial: it was
 > the other guy who made the splash last. Earl is our Columbus,
 > and whether there's a Lief out there or not, Earl changed history.

You might want to reconsider the analogy to Sr. Columbus.

Nearly all of the natives placed under Columbus' charge perished cruelly.

Bring me gold or die, he told them.  As there was no gold to bring,
many simply killed themselves.

rafe b.