[at-l] (old) Bryson Interview

This, to me, seems real important.
Like Anna, I study those that complete their thrus, and those that don't,
barring injury or emergencies back home.

 > Sure, there were times it rained
> that I wished it hadn't. But, it was alright that it was anyway.

>From what I can intuit, this is the real "core" of a thru-hiker -
acceptance.

It's not that the hiker doesn't have preferences, but if it's raining, well,
it's raining. There is a recognition what can't be changed.
No energy expended on wishing things were otherwise. No drama of resistance.

> There were days
> that I would have liked to have done more, or less miles...but, it
> just didn't turn out that way. There's really not a lot of reason to >worry about, or dwell on things like that.

Not a bad way to thru, or live a life for that matter.

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: