[at-l] RE: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #1034 - 59 msgs

> I spent two weeks in Canada when I was 12/13 (birthday in the middle).
> We (my buddy and I) hiked, camped, climbed, and explored our way
> around a very remote and uninhabited forest for most of that time.
> I remember the names and faces of everyone I met in the little town
> near by, every cliff I looked over, every spiderweb I ate, every view
> is etched in my brain like a lithograph.

Just a reminder, everyone's memory is different as well.  I went on a
great 2 week trip into Canada when I was around 14.  I don't remember
exactly how old I was, where we went, how we got there (well, I know we
drove, but I don't know who drove), if we met anyone, etc etc.  I just
tend to forget such things easily (and I'm only 24.. hate to see things
when I get even older *grin*).  I remember instances that I enjoyed,
but I certainly don't know any names.. I don't even know the names of
the people I went with *chuckle*

On the other hand, my wife's grandfather (91 now I believe), can remember
the exact day and year that he saw a certain person last, the exact day
that a certain 60 year old tree was planted, etc etc etc..

So people are quite different with memories.. I wouldn't hold it against
him as to the validity of his story.

Dave