[at-l] ATN article, 1936 Scout Hike

In a message dated 6/13/2002 12:24:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

> >     There was a section in Pennsylvania on my hike where I was shocked,
> upon
> >checking my maps, that I did 4 miles in an hour. So it is possible...
>

> For 18 hours straight?  Possible, but not probable.

    *** With a day pack and a majority of road walks, yes. He could have
paced and averaged above 4 mph if it was a challenge marathon. We are
assuming Max was a wimp. It's possible he was a super-type able hiker.

    The more details he gives the more he sounds either credible or confused
by age...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---