[at-l] Blood Mtn Area - Lake Winfield Scott

I camped here many many times in my youth. We spent Halloween there
one year, and I envy you for being able to go. It is one of my most favorite
places in the whole world and really beautiful.

The trail up Jarrard Gap is a bit steep, but only about .7 of a mile.
Take a left on the AT and head toward Slaugter. There is a trail in Slaughter
Gap that turns left again (the AT goes right) and it is gently sloping back
down into Winfield Scott. I think I measured it once and it was 6 miles, not
all strenous and very pretty.

The parking in Winfield Scott is right at the trail head. Winfield Scott has
a swimming beach, and if you go over the mountain to Vogel State Park, they
have your basic family stuff. Putt putt, paddle boats, fishing, playgrounds.

I know that you will have a great time.

Dawg

multipart/alternative
  text/html