[at-l] long distance hiking

> So, what, in your estimation is considered "long distance"
> hiking?  2000 miles? 100 miles?  less?

Any time you use the prase that includes: "I am hiking from ... to ...", you
might be a long distance hiker.

You can tell whether or not you are by the reaction you get from non-hikers.

If you say, "I am hiking in SMNP this weekend."  They will usually say, 'Oh,
how nice. Aren't you worried about bears.'

When you get to the point of saying, "I am hiking from ... to ...", and you
get either the stunned disbelief or the, 'Are you crazy?' question, you can
be pretty sure that you're long distance hiking...

FWIW, I never considered myself any kind of hiker.  I'm just a hiker...

Shane