[at-l] Packs

I have an Osprey Helix that I've used for 10 or 11 years. It hardly shows
any wear; I've never had any part of it blow out on me. The zippers are
all still working. Recently, I got a G4 in an effort to reduce my load.
The G4 is less than a pound and the Osprey is over 6. For durability and
comfort I recommend the Osprey. For pure utility, I think the Osprey
measures up very well. If I were not trying to keep my pack weight down,
I'd still be using my Helix.

On my spring hike, I got a ride from a young couple; the husband is a
field rep for Osprey. He was telling me that next season (meaning '03 I
assume) Osprey will be offering a new line of pack designed to be about 2
pounds. Because of my past experience with Osprey, I can believe that
these packs will be solid.

I don't have any experience with the Crescent series so I can't comment
on the particulars, I will assume that Osprey incorporated all their
workman ship and ideas into these.  Hopeful

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:17:15 -0500 "Billie H. Cleek"
<cleek@cleekhouse.com> writes:
> Hey listers!
>
> I'm still considering getting a new pack.  I still really like
> those
> Osprey packs, so I'm curious if anyone out there has experience
> with
> them.  Specifically, I'm looking at the Crescent series.  How do
> the
> vertical side access zippers hold up?  How's the suspension?  Are
> the
> packs durable in the real world?  How's the stitching holding up?
> And
> of course, how's that suspension?
>
> Thanks,
> Cleek