[at-l] External-Frame Packs

In a message dated 6/10/02 22:02:58, icw39@ncfreedom.net writes:

>kinda hard to "immediately" put yer paws on that darn item you always
>pack at the bottom 'cause you never need it right off, but this one time
>you DO need/want it out first! :)

You know, I got to thinking about this, and I think the only thing I ever
have to move to get to anything in the main pack is the food bag. What
convenience! Let's see . . . I have the gray stuff sack of clothes, the camp
slippers in a small white plastic bag, the personal hygiene items in a small
rose stuff sack, the extra water bottle, and the food sack. I think that's
all. Move the food sack and everything is right there and easily identifiable.

When my husband wants something out of his pack, he usually has to dump
almost everything out.  I think this has just convinced me to keep the
external. <VBG>
Vcat