[at-l] Which footware to buy?

> > You sure aren't.  A bunch of folks here wear
> trail runners.
>
> And at least a couple of "famous" folks hiked
> sans footwear altogether.

I don't understand all the fuss.  I have variably hiked in
Arctic Boots, 'hiking' boots, tennis shoes, sandals, and
barefoot.  I wouldn't go swamp splashing in the Arctic
Boots, and I wouldn't cross glaciers barefoot.  There's a
time and place for everything.  Even the 'barefoot sisters',
or whatever, carried lightweight shoes for use when the
terrain demanded it.  Try different things - even barefoot -
and use what works best for you.

Shane