[at-l] Tents vs. tarps vs. hammock

In a message dated 06/10/02 9:34:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

> Many's the time I wish I had a bigger tent than the Gossamer.  But
> I also realize that the Gossamer has allowed me to camp in places
> where other tents just wouldn't fit.  (And that, I'm guessing, is the big
> appeal of a hammock.)

Rafe -

Absolutely correct about the hammock.  Rare is the location I've hit where
there are not two trees or, alternatively, someplace I can't stick my poles
to prop it on (although I've got to say that the one time I hung it that way
it seemed a lot less secure than hung from the trees, even if it does work).
Nicest thing is that level ground is unnecessary.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---